The International Symposium on DIStributed Computing (DISC) is an international forum on the theory, design, analysis, implementation and application of distributed systems and networks.
DISC 2012 is organized by the Distributed Systems Laboratory (LaSiD) at Federal University of Bahia (UFBA), in cooperation with European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS) and Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). DISC 2012 will be held in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
Original contributions to the theory, design, implementation, modeling, analysis, or application of distributed systems and networks are solicited. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Distributed algorithms; correctness and complexity
- Concurrency, synchronization, and transactional memory
- Distributed operating systems, middleware, database systems
- Self-stabilizing, self-organizing, and autonomic systems
- Wireless, mobile, sensor and ad-hoc networks
- Fault tolerance, reliability, availability
- Game-theoretic approaches to distributed computing
- Specification, verification, and testing: tools, methodologies
- Networks: protocols, architectures, services, applications
- Multiprocessor and multicore architectures and algorithms
- Security in distributed computing, cryptographic protocols
- Distributed computing issues in the Internet and the Web
Slides of ADGA workshop available.
New version of symposium guide available.
Minor changes in the conference program schedule.
Awards will be announced at Tuesday morning, during Opening Remarks ceremony.
Updates on social events information.
Updates on workshops information.
Tutorial 4 will now be presented by Michel Raynal.
Contact us if you need an invitation letter for visa.
Conference program (except Workshops) available.
List of accepted papers available.
Additional information on hotels and registration fees.
IMPORTANT: The time limit for camera ready submission was changed to 5:59:59pm PDT.
Updates on registration fees: now in BRL (Brazilian Real) and EUR (Euro).
Some additional information on Salvador's airport (flight, taxi service etc).
Information on tutorials and keynotes available.
Updates on the city of Salvador (see home and venue & accomodations).
Submission site and templates available.
Announcing: The Principles of Distributed Computing Doctoral Dissertation Award.
This year the award will be presented at DISC 2012!
Call for papers and workshops available.
Information on conference venue available.
Conference website available.